The Summit on the Park’s Aquatic Center began a significant renovation as of Tuesday, August 1, 2023.
This $2.4 million construction project, which is expected to be completed mid-December 2023, will include tile replacement in all pools, including the lap pool and family pool, as well as on the pool decks. In addition, tile will also be replaced in the spa and sauna, as well as in the men’s, women’s, and family locker rooms. Further enhancements include the addition of a water feature, replacement of the Marcite plaster in the Lazy River, as well as painting of the pool deck roof.
Affected programs and amenities will include: swim lessons, lap swim, water fitness classes, as well as sauna and steam room access. During the short-term closure, additional Land Fitness classes will be made available to Summit members to supplement fitness opportunities within the facility. In addition, access to one family/special accommodations locker room will remain available at all times during construction.
To minimize the effect of the Aquatic Center closure, all Summit on the Park members will have the opportunity to ‘freeze’ or temporarily pause their memberships for the duration of construction and forego access to the facility. In addition, the Summit is looking to provide members access to a few aquatic facilities in surrounding communities while the Summit Aquatic Center is closed for renovations. This would provide Summit members with a temporary “facility admittance pass” for alternate use of these aquatic centers during open swim and lap swim times. Members are asked to contact the Summit front desk, if they wish to elect any of these options. The Summit on the Park Aquatic Center is expected to re-open in late December 2023.
Aquatic Center Activities
After renovations are complete, the Aquatic Center will be open approximately 100 hours per week for activities such as lap swimming, fitness classes, swimming lessons, and open swim. We offer everything from parent/child aquatic exploration to adult swim and fitness programs.
Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Summit on the Park will offer a variety of aquatic fitness classes in both the lazy river and the lap pool. Classes include:
- Aqua Tone
- Arthritis Aqua
- Gentle Aqua
- Intense Aqua
- Aqua Deep
- Aqua Fit
- River Blast & Sculpt
- At least one lane will be open during all times that the aquatic center is open.
- Lap lanes can accommodate several swimmers and lane sharing is expected; please circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lap swimmers are required to swim continuous laps and cannot stop or stand in the lanes. Lifejackets and fitness equipment are not permitted in the lap pool; fins and hand paddles are permitted when there are no more than 2 people in a lane.
- It is recommended that guests wishing to swim laps come during lap swim only.
- During Lap Swim times guests must be at least 12 years old and will be expected to swim continuous laps. However if the child can pass a swim test they can remain lap swimming as long as the parent stays poolside.
Parent Tot Swim
- Modified sessions are the best times for parents with small children ages 5 and under, seniors and lap swimmers to enjoy our lap and leisure pools.
- The lap and leisure pools are usually open although classes may be conducted there.
- The water slide and lazy river will not be open and the features will not be on during any swim or fitness classes.
- All pools including the water slide, lazy river, and, leisure pool may be used for open swim activities.
- Under certain circumstances (such as slow times or staff shortages) the aquatic staff will alternate opening the slide and lazy river.
- For the most up-to-date information, please contact the Summit front desk at 734/394-5460.
- The lazy river is open for River Walking ONLY.
- No equipment or instructor is used. Walking will be in one direction only, as directed by the lifeguard on duty.
- For the safety of all guests, every 15 minutes lifeguards will direct participants to change walking directions.
- We strongly encourage guests to wear aqua shoes or white socks.
- River is approximately 60 yards around: 32 laps is one mile.